enScholar is a non-profit edtech startup dedicated to helping students find their career path. We've built free tools (enscholar.com and try.enscholar.com) and have had hundreds of thousands of student users from around the world.
We're currently looking for a Lead Editor & Researcher to assist the founder with crafting and proofreading content for the blog, which is focused on topics such as career education, education technology, the future of work, and social entrepreneurship.
As Lead Editor & Researcher, you’ll:
- Review mid-length biog posts (400-2000 words) for style, grammar, and spelling.
- Suggest edits to the style and structure of the writing.
- Research anecdotes, studies, images, and statistics to be presented in posts.
- Potentially craft sections of the post based on your research.
- Suggest ideas for content and the overall structure of posts.
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar and an extensive vocabulary.
- Completion of at least one academic writing course at the post-secondary level with strong grades.
- An interest in editing and/or research demonstrated through prior experience
- A mature, engaging writing style
- Samples of your writing (for school or personal)
Nice to have:
Interest in education technology, the future of work, social entrepreneurship, and related fields.
Additional time to read important books related to the above fields to gain understanding and context for blog posts.
What you’ll get out of this position
A deeper understanding of the important fields of education technology, the future of work, and social entrepreneurship.
A chance to work closely with the founder of the enScholar Educational Foundation and gain a job reference for future employment and/or a written LinkedIn reference after 6 months, if desired.
Your name mentioned at the bottom of each blog post you've contributed content to with one link to your own blog, personal website, or LinkedIn profile.
Flexibility to work remotely and define a schedule that works with your other pursuits.
Career mentorship and advice from the founder, if desired.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please complete this form as soon as possible. We will review applicants on a first-come basis. Official Application Form